Plz Describe one of the principal of jain philosophy that is fully connected with modern science.
The law of conservation of mass and energy in modern science is the ‘अस्तित्व गुण’ in Jainism.
The law of conservation of mass or principle of mass conservation states that for any system closed to all transfers of matter and energy, the mass of the system must remain constant over time, as system’s mass cannot change, so quantity can neither be added nor be removed. Hence, the quantity of mass is conserved over time.
Jainism says that a substance(द्रव्य) can neither be created nor be destroyed. Its attributes(गुण) are always constant(ध्रुव).It only changes its form(पर्याय).
With all due respect to the question and the intention with which you might have asked, I just have a few things to say -
The problem with modern science is that it will never claim any of its discovery to be the final word (check this link for more). We are hardly taught about the vulnerability of all scientific truths. All we have learnt is that if science says so, it must be true. However, we forget that - ‘if science claims so, it has all the more reason to be false also (in the future).’
‘we are still looking further into this’, ‘so far we have discovered this much’, etc. is all that they can say.
Scientists today are even challenging Newton’s law of gravity. They are even suspicious about Einstein’s theory of relativity now.
A truth which cannot be verified and that which cannot be falsified does not come under the realm of a scientific truth.
Jainism told about Existence of micro organisms much before invention of microscope.
Jainism told about life in plants which even inspired scientist Jagdish Chandra Bose to carry out his research on plants and their senses.
I think kramabadhaparyay should not cause any doubts on Jainism…it is difficult to understand and interpret it… it only explains nature of universe … it is NOT niyativaad…it is path of total independence…what is your exact confusion??
If I say water boils at 100 degrees that does not mean water will eventually boil by itself… there is kramabadhata in the events happening…it does not take away your independence and control…
When Bhagwan Adinath revealed his grandson Marichi will become 24th Tirthankar… it does not mean he has set the time and place and hence soul of Marichi eventually end up becoming 24th Tirthankar…because Bhagwan Adinath also saw each every decision that Marichi soul will take that will culminate in that soul becoming 24th Tirthankar… where is the niyativaad???
हम क्रमबद्ध पर्याय सिद्धान्त का क्या अर्थ करते हैं -
- सर्वज्ञ भगवान के केवलज्ञान के अनुसार वस्तु व्यवस्था/ द्रव्यों का परिणमन
- वस्तु व्यवस्था/ द्रव्यों के परिणमन के अनुसार सर्वज्ञ भगवान का केवलज्ञान
इनमे से दूसरे अर्थ का ग्रहण ही योग्य है।
- चूंकि हम आप क्षदमस्थ है तो हमारे ज्ञान में आगामी परिणमन का ज्ञान भले ना हो, परन्तु इस विचार से समता आ जाती है कि “होने योग्य ही हुआ है, अयोग्य कुछ भी नहीं हुआ है”, अतः राग द्वेष के परिणाम का किंचित भी प्रयोजन नहीं है। समस्त आगम में इस समता की प्राप्ति को ही चारित्र और सुख के रूप में परिभाषित किया गया है।
एक और बात - जिनागम के प्रत्येक सिद्धान्त के द्वारा कहीं भी मिथ्यात्व या कषाय भाव का पोषण नहीं किया गया है, यदि हमारे द्वारा उन सिद्धांतो को आधार बनाकर अनजाने में भी मिथ्यात्व, कषाय या प्रमाद आदि का पोषण होता है तो स्वयं के गहरे अभ्यास और ज्ञानी पुरुषों के मार्गदर्शन में अपने दोषों को ढूंढकर दूर करना ही योग्य है। परस्पर में आप और हम सभी साधर्मियों का भी परस्पर में एक दूसरे के प्रति ये कर्तव्य रहना चाहिए। (स्व - पर का स्थितिकरण)
प्रवचन सार जी परमागम की गाथा 93 की टीका की यह पंक्ति मेरी सर्वप्रिय हैं-
वास्तव में यह, सर्व पदार्थ के द्रव्य-गुण-पर्याय स्वभाव की प्रकाशक पारमेश्वरी व्यवस्था भली-उत्तम-पूर्ण-योग्य है , दूसरी कोई नहीं…।
more appropriate is ‘WILL’ TAKE.
more appropriate is ‘WILL’ .
Looking at your explanation, are you saying we have no control in our hand for our destiny?
I have read and studied the world from atheistic, Abrahamic and Hindu perspective. I have seen their arguments. My conclusion is it is Jainism that stands in all of them.
You can pick up any external argument outside Jainism you think is correct and wrong in Jainism and let me know. We will analyse it together…
I have watched hours and hours of debates on what are views of people from other faith, science, atheist. I have not heard anything that will shake my understanding and confidence in Jainism…it is the best thing in the world. Amount of logic, rationale and non-dogmatic arguments used in Jainism is unmatched and unparalleled.
So tell me what is it in the outside world that is infallible?
- Only thing in my control is my parinaam and bhaav if I keep them according to Jainism…my job is done.
- Your observations are correct but not necessarily your conclusion because to perform any action, it requires honhar and purshartha which comes from us hence we have control on it. Bhaav karma is in our hand.
- I believe in Jainism because it is rational logical and can be tested and have direct evidence which none other religion provide. The clarity of Jain theology is extraordinary and complete. There is no leap of faith or god of gaps arguments. Direct evidence is in context of samyekdarshan.
- Our aim in pancham kaal is to get samyekdarshan and stay on it. Time will come when by pursharth your aupshamik samyekdarshan will become shayik samyekdarshan and then within short period you will reach moksha.
- Regarding 99.99 % population of world, study the viragya of Tirthankar and how it happen and what are they thinking at that time. Every human being must ask to himself ‘who am I’ and ‘what is my purpose’. We all can spread Jainism and let world know. But has their kaal labdhi came to maturity? Every soul will encounter theology of Jainism…it is upto that soul to make decisions…
- Ofcourse you know the story of Marichi…he had amazing privilege of present in Bhagwan Adinath samavsharan…yet learned nothing…mithyatva and kashay are very tricky cunning and deadly enemies of soul …you never know how and when they operate
Direct evidence = samyekdarshan …that is what I meant…to get direct evidence you need to :
- Study Jainism theology (swadhaya)
- Understand it. (chintan)
- Implement it (shravakachar, Charitra, dhyaan )
All other things you mentioned are at this moment keval gyan gamya…but samyekdarshan you can get direct evidence…and that is the major thing…
It does not matter size and popularity of Jainism…truth cannot be measured on popularity because if we do then when popularity goes down…has the truth become untruth? it can’t be and also it is non sequitur logical fallacy argument
Though we may have been oftrack from the primary question, I’ll refer this blog for this discussion… Especially the remarks by Prof. Veersagar ji…
“सबकुछ पुरुषार्थ के आश्रित - निमित्त भी, काललब्धि भी, होनहार भी और स्वभाव भी”
मतलब हर पुरुषार्थ सफल होगा ?
There is no comparison between Jainism and other religion. Religion you mentioned belive god as creator…hence there direct evidence will be where I directly witness god creating the world…which they do not offer. Hence cannot be tested. Only way to say they have truth is the judgement day …it means I have to die first and wait for that day…
When you say krambaddh… it does not mean it is ‘decided’ by some one… if I say you will get bonus at end of year performance review and you do get it…it does not mean because I said it will happen… it is a simple logical conclusion from amount of hard and proactive work you have done for the company… it means you were in full control ENTIRE time.
their religion can only be true if god as creator has direct evidence and judgement day has direct evidence…