Nigod to Nigod via human life

Can the Manusya jeev go back to Nigod state
Thanks n Jai Jinendra

1 Like

Yes of course a manushya jeev can go to Nigod i.e. in Itar nigod (इतर निगोद).

As soon as the jeev leaves Nigod, it stays in mundane state for a maximum period of 2000 Sagar + (साधिक दो हज़ार सागर). If a jeev doesn’t attain liberation in this period, it will go back to Nigod.

5 Likes

Thanks Mitali ji
Jai Jinendra

1. What are other types of Nigod apart from Itar Nigod
  2. Under what circumstances Jeev comes out of the Nigod state
  3. Difference of the different Nigod states

Appreciate your time and interest

1 Like

The other type of Nigod is called “Nitya Nigod”. The living beings/jeev here never attained त्रस पर्याय. They were and are one sensed beings, but may come out of Nitya Nigod and achieve त्रस पर्याय.

For your second question, I expect someone else to reply, I am not sure about the answer.

3 Likes

This is a response from a co-learner Jinal ji

My reply to ur 2nd question :-

In nigod jeev have only 1 sense and gyaan is akshar ka anantva bhaag so no understanding etc .

But they constantly have bhaav going on and tying of karmas is happening. So if their bhaav are very good and they tie such karmas they can come out of Nigod into tras paryay

Regarding 3rd question :-

2 types if Nigod - Nitya and Etar
I shall soon get back to u with exact difference between the 2

As per my knowledge ,
Jeev in Nitya nigod will never attain liberation, jeev in Etar nigod may or may not attain liberation depending on their yogyata and purushaarth.

Still I’ll confirm

1 Like

The above stated difference by you is not appropriate. The major difference between the both is that the Nigodiya jeev in Nitya nigod are since eternal in Nigod paryay itself. They have never achieved त्रस पर्याय or any other स्थावर पर्याय than nigod. But every 6 months, 608 nigodiya jeevs come out of Nitya Nigod.

On the other hand, in Itar Nigod, jeev have already achieved त्रस पर्याय and then have returned to Nigod again.

Yes, the above stated reason is right. Because of some pious karma, the jeev comes out of Nigod.

2 Likes

Does a jeev who have attained another form of ekindriya paryaya other than nigod, be it water or fire in any of his life will also be called nitya nigodiya? Is it the condition of not attaining tras paryaya ever or not getting out of sadharan vanaspati only?

According to me, it should be the second one i.e. never attained any other पर्याय than साधारण वनस्पति.

I too think so.

1 Like

There are other nigodiya jeevs other than vanaspati too. I don’t know if they fall under the category of Nitya Nigodh or not.

There are 2 types of Nigodiya Jeev, sooksham and badar. Sooksham nigodiya jeev can even pass through the matter.
They have filled the Tras Naadi completely. Even a single space is not there where sooksham nigodh jeev are not there.

Nigodiya jeev, whether sookshma or baadar, whether niya or itar; they are always vanaspati kaayik only and not in any else form.

2 Likes

That too sadharan vanaspati and not pratyek vanaspati.

2 Likes

No they won’t be called Nigodiya jeev, Please check the 4th chaupai of 1st dhaal of Chahdhala.
एक श्वास में अठदस बार, जन्म्यो मर्यो भर्यो दु:ख भार।
निकसि भूमि-जल-पावकभयो,पवन-प्रत्येक वनस्पति थयो॥(4)

Thanks… but question was not this…
And the answer to my question has been given by @Mitali_Jain and I too adhere to her view.

oh, sorry I understood your question wrongly. I got the meaning of the question now.

If possible can you please give the reference of this?
Because according to Pt. Bainada Ji it is not the case.

It also says that Nigodiya jeev are in “Saprathithit Vanaspati” too.

This is right. Saprathisthit vanaspati are those pratyek vanaspati which have in them sadharan vanaspati; eg all root vegetables like potatoes etc. they themselves are one jeev and in them lives anant sadharan nigodiya jeev. And both the pratyek and sadharan are vanaspati jeev.

2 Likes

He is saying this only. I didn’t saw contradiction with him in video.
It is general part of jeev samas. You can see it in gommatsaar ji jeevkand. I’ll try to provide the gatha number as soon as possible.

1 Like

Yes, I took it in wrong way. He said that सूक्षम निगोदिया किसी आधार से रहते। बादर निगोदिया आधार से रहते है। That created the confusion.

But at last he too said:

I would be really helpful if anybody could explain what is the difference between “sadharan and pratyek vanaspati”

Ek shareer ka ek swami- pratyek vanaspati (shareer m jeev aur bhi ho sakte h par swami roop m nahi)
Ek shareer k anant swami- sadharan vanaspati (ye hi nigod kehlata h)

*swami ka arth Ek Loki ki sabji se samjh sakte h.
Wahan ek to puri loki ka ek jeev h jo ki pratyek vanaspati h.
Yadi loki aviksit awastha m h to vah saprathisthit vanaspati h kyunki us samay uske aadhar se sadharan vanaspati rehti h. Arthat us samay us loki k andar hi chhote chhote ek ek shareer m anant jeev niwas kar rahe h. Us chhote ek shareer k ek sath anant swami h jinhe sadharan vanaspati ya nigod kehte h.
Paripakva awastha hone par wahi loki aprathisthit ho jati h. Tab usme sadharan vanaspati nahi rehti hai, arthat wah anant jeevo ka sthan nahi rehta.

Saprathisthit vanaspati sada bahughat abhakshya ki category m aate h.

2 Likes

अप्रतिष्ठित वनस्पति में असंख्यात जीव होते है और सप्रतिष्ठित वनस्पति में अनन्त ।

अब यदि अप्रतिष्ठित वनस्पति के उदाहरण के लिए एक लौकी की बात करें, तो उसमें एक शरीर के आश्रय से एक जीव रहता है, इतना तो सही है, लेकिन पूरे लौकी में मात्र एक जीव नहीं है, अपितु असंख्यात जीव होते है । इसीलिए तो भोजन में हरी के त्याग की प्रधानता होती है ।

असंख्यात का भाव कुछ इस प्रकार समझ में आ सकता है - असंख्यात माने एक, दस, सौ, हजार, लाख, दस लाख, करोड़, अरब और ऐसा करते करते ऐसी संख्या तक पहुंचना जो मति-श्रुत ज्ञान का विषय नहीं है, उतने जीव एक अप्रतिष्ठित वनस्पति में होते है ।

संख्यात, असंख्यात एवं अनन्त के संदर्भ में कुछ विशेष के लिए इसे देखें [जीवों की कमी नहीं होने का कारण। - #3 by Sowmay]।

5 Likes