Famous Personalities Saying About Jainism

This is topical now, and probably of interest to explore what great people are saying about Jainism. Let us make this thread a collection of all great saying about Jainism.

Share any quote, audio or video, you came across regarding this topic.

Do state or link a reliable source to authenticate your post.

9 Likes

Narendra Modi Telling I Am a 100% JAIN while talking about Solar Energy

10 Likes

Akshay Kumar’s Great Words Support From Jainism

6 Likes

Aamir Khan Talking About 3 Prime Pillar of Jainism

9 Likes

सब कुछ पहले से ही निश्चित है(क्रमबद्ध पर्याय) इस तरह के कुछ विचार सापेक्षवाद के प्रबल प्रचारक प्रसिद्ध वैज्ञानिक अल्बर्ट आइंस्टीन ने व्यक्त किये हैं-
Event do not happen , they already exist and are seen on the time machine.
(घटनाएं घटित नही होती ,वे पहले से ही विद्यमान हैं तथा कालचक्र पर देखी जाती हैं)

11 Likes

Its good source to know:

https://www.quora.com/What-do-you-think-of-Jainism

3 Likes

Modi Ji praising Mahatma Gandhi’s guru, Shrimad Rajchandra Ji.

6 Likes

Rajnath Singh praises Jain community, talks of ban on cow slaughter

7 Likes

You will be Suprised that recently, Narendra Modi Praises Kumarpal V Shah an Active Social Worker.
Narendra modi Appreciates Kumarpal V Shah

3 Likes

The great philosopher and playwright George
Bernand Shaw says “I adore so greatly the principles of the Jain religion, that I would like to be reborn in a Jain community.”

9 Likes

There is nothing wonderful in my saying that Jainism was in existence long before the Vedas were composed.”
– Dr. S. Radhakrishnan, Vice President

3 Likes

Devdutt Pattanaik talks about Jainism in the episode of Devlok

12 Likes

Gandhi Quotes on Jainism

“No religion of the world has explained the principle of non-violence so deeply and systematically, with its applicability in life as in Jainism…Bhagwan Mahaveer is sure to be respected as the greatest authority on non-violence”

“I say with conviction that the doctrine for which the name of Lord Mahavir is glorified nowadays is the doctrine of Ahimsa. If anyone has practiced to the fullest extent and has propagated most the doctrine of Ahimsa, it was Lord Mahavira”

8 Likes

I adore so greatly the principles of the Jain religion, that I would like to be reborn in a Jain community.”
George Bernard Shaw

“I say with conviction that the doctrine for which the name of Lord Mahaveer is glorified nowadays is the doctrine of Ahimsa. If anyone has practiced to the fullest extent and has propagated most the doctrine of Ahimsa, it was Lord Mahaveer.”
Mahatma Gandhi

the eternal mystery of the world is its intelligibility. True religion fastens to this element of intelligibility and creates a system of thought and action which leads to true harmony and bliss. And it is indeed so with Jainism.
Albert Einstein

“There is nothing wonderful in my saying that Jainism was in existence long before the Vedas were composed.”
– Dr. S. Radhakrishnan, Vice President, India

हिन्दी अनुवाद-

“मैं जैन धर्म के सिद्धांतों को बहुत मानता हूं, कि मैं जैन समुदाय में पुनर्जन्म लेना चाहता हूं।”

• जॉर्ज बर्नार्ड शॉ

“मैं दृढ़ विश्वास के साथ कहता हूं कि जिस सिद्धांत के लिए भगवान महावीर का नाम महिमा मंडित किया जाता है वह आजकल अहिंसा का सिद्धांत है। अगर किसी ने पूरी तरह से अभ्यास किया है और अहिंसा के अधिकांश सिद्धांत का प्रचार किया है, तो यह भगवान महावीर थे। ”

• महात्मा गांधी

दुनिया का अनन्त रहस्य इसकी समझदारी है। सच्चा धर्म बुद्धिमानी के इस तत्व को जकड़ता है और विचार और कर्म की एक प्रणाली बनाता है जिससे सच्चा सद्भाव और आनंद आता है। और ऐसा वास्तव में जैन धर्म के साथ है।

• अल्बर्ट आइंस्टीन

“मेरे कहने में कुछ भी अद्भुत नहीं है कि वेदों की रचना से बहुत पहले जैन धर्म अस्तित्व में था।”

• डॉ। एस राधाकृष्णन, उपाध्यक्ष, भारत
5 Likes

M.P. Ex CM Shivraj Singh Chauhan says, he starts his day with pooja and bowing to Acharya Vidya Sagar ji maharaj. He is too deeply impressed with the Karuna of Jainism. He is a true Jain. The one who conquers others is Veer. The one who conquers himself is Mahavir. And the one who is Mahavir, has conquered his senses. The one who conquered his senses is Jin. Who is Jin is Jain. So, everybody should become Jain. If you have Jain as surname doesn’t mean you are true Jain.

3 Likes

डा० भण्डारकरने लिखा है- 'जैन और बौद्धधर्म की स्थापना उन मनुष्यों ने की थी जो परमात्मा माने जाते थे। अत: उनके स्मारकों की पूजा तथा उनकी मूर्तियों का आदर करने की इच्छा होना स्वाभाविक है। यह पूजा प्रचलित हुई और सर्वत्र भारत में फैल गई। अत: राम, कृष्ण, नारायण, लक्ष्मी और शिव-पार्वती की मूर्तियां तैयार की गईं और पूजा के लिये सार्वजनिक स्थानों में स्थापित की गई। ’

-( कलक्टेड वर्क्स आफ डा० आर० जी० भण्डारकर पूना)

3 Likes
डॉक्टर हर्मन जेकोबी जो जैन धर्म -दिवाकर पदवी प्राप्त हैं, उन्होंने स्याद्वाद के लिए कहा है “स्याद्वाद से समस्त सत्य विचारों का द्वार खुल जाता है।

डॉक्टर डी.एस. कोठारी जी ने स्याद्वाद को "समंतभद्र सर्वोदय तीर्थ’ कहा है।

डॉक्टर थामस इंग्लैण्ड ने कहा है, "न्याय शास्त्र में जैन न्याय दर्शन अति उच्च है और स्याद्वाद का स्थान अति गंभीर है।"

ऑल्डस हक्सले-

विश्व शांति की शर्तों में निःशस्त्रीकरण, साम्राज्यवाद का निष्कासन तथा अहिंसा की सर्वमान्यता जीवन के हर क्षेत्र में आवश्यक है। मैं जोड़ना चाहूंगा कि धार्मिक कट्टरवाद, अधिनायकवाद , विरोधी विचारधारा का अंत करने वाले साम्यवाद के निराकरण भी अनेकांत जैन दर्शन से बहुत संभव है।
स्रोत - जैन छगनलाल. २०१३. जैनों का संक्षिप्त इतिहास, दर्शन व्यवहार एवं वैज्ञानिक आधार, पेज क्रमांक १८८
5 Likes

"महावीर ने डिण्डिम नादसे भारतवर्ष में मोक्ष का यह सन्देश विस्तृत किया था कि धर्म सामाजिक रूढ़ी मात्र नहीं किन्तु वास्तविक सत्य है, मोक्ष साम्प्रदायिक बाह्य क्रिया का पालन करने से नहीं मिलता परन्तु सत्यधर्म के स्वरूप में आश्रय लेने से प्राप्त होता है और धर्म में मनुष्य एवं मनुष्य के बीच का भेद स्थायी नहीं रह सकता" -

— साहित्य सम्राट श्री रवीन्द्रनाथ ठाकुर-(महावीर जीवन विस्तार पृ० सं० १२)

मैंने जहाँ देखा -
पण्डित बेचारदास जैन. जैन सहित्य में विकार. दिल्ली. गजेंद्र प्रकाशन। पेज क्रमांक 4

5 Likes

रामधारी दिनकर जी के शब्दों में
जैन धर्म के अनुसार ईश्वरत्व मनुष्य के विकास की उच्चतम कल्पना (स्थान) का नाम है ।।

( आधुनिक बोध निबंध से , लेखक : रामधारी सिंह दिनकर )

2 Likes

We learn from scriptures (Sashtras) and commentaries that Jainism is existing from beginning less time. This fact is indisputable and free from difference of opinion. There is much historical evidence on this point.

1 Like