Jain geography, flat earth and today's science| जैन भूगोल , समतल भूमि(पृथ्वी), वर्तमान के विज्ञान से

may be moon described in our geography is not the same as we see by our naked eyes

In the below image (from vitragvani.com) moon is betwwen 800 yojan to 880 yojan, I heard it to be 50 lakh km (833 yojan)

Triloksar

• पृथ्वी से 790 योजन (47,40,000 km) से लेकर 900 योजन (54,00,000 km) तक ज्योतिषी देवो के विमान है ।

2 Likes

I don’t know, how much updated we (Jains) are in the field of geography.
I’m not suspicious about Jaina geography but the developing science and all the available researches are very much different from our Alaukik Ganit.

I did a bit research with @Sayyam bhaiya in the same context. Please have a look and make it more clear and authentic if it’s possible.

4 Likes

Let’s leave all the estimations and logics aside for a while.

Consider telling anyone “fire” is one sensed organism (एकेन्द्रिय जीव) - no one will believe. Just like no one believed that plant has life before 1901, the year Jagadish Chandra Bose proved plants have life.

BUT Jains knew this for centuries and religiously following Ahimsa even with plants (like not stepping on grass or consuming fruits until they are fully ripe, etc).

Yes, for sure, it’s hard to think against the facts which we are fed-in in school since childhood and are contradictory to the description given in Jain scripture but even the fact that those planets are mentioned (hundreds of years back) in the scriptures without availability of any instruments (like today) is more than enough to encourage us that there are still some rooms to think thoroughly before we make any judgment.

The flawless knowledge flowing down from सर्वज्ञ to गणधर to आचार्य is intact.

4 Likes