बालबोध पाठमाला भाग-१ | Balbodh Pathmala Part-1 [Hindi & English]

चार मंगल

चत्तारि मंगलं, अरहंता मंगलं, सिद्धा मंगलं, साहू मंगलं, केवलपण्णत्तो धम्मो मंगलं।
चत्तारि लोगुत्तमा, अरहंता लोगुत्तमा, सिद्धा लोगुत्तमा, साहू लोगुत्तमा, केवलिपण्णत्तो धम्मो लोगुत्तमो।
चत्तारि सरणं पव्वजामि, अरहंते सरणं पव्वज्जामि, सिद्धे सरणं पव्वज्जामि, साहू सरणं पव्वज्जामि, केवलिपण्णत्तं धम्मं सरणं पव्वज्जामि।

लोक में चार मंगल हैं। अरहंत भगवान मंगल हैं, सिद्ध भगवान मंगल हैं, साधु (आचार्य, उपाध्याय और साधु) मंगल हैं तथा केवली भगवान द्वारा बताया गया वीतराग धर्म मंगल है।
जो मोह-राग-द्वेषरूपी पापों को गलावे और सच्चा सुख उत्पन्न करे, उसे मंगल कहते हैं। अरहंतादिक स्वयं मंगलमय हैं और उनमें भक्तिभाव होने से परम मंगल होता है।
लोक में चार उत्तम हैं। अरहंत भगवान उत्तम हैं, सिद्ध भगवान उत्तम हैं, साधु (आचार्य, उपाध्याय और साधु) उत्तम हैं तथा केवली भगवान द्वारा बताया हुआ वीतराग धर्म उत्तम हैं।
लोक में जो सबसे महान हो, उसे उत्तम कहते हैं। लोक में ये चारों सबसे महान हैं, अत: उत्तम हैं।
मैं चारों की शरण में जाता है। अरहंत भगवान की शरण में जाता हूँ, सिद्ध भगवान की शरण में जाता हूँ, साधुओं (आचार्य, उपाध्याय, और साधु) की शरण में जाता हूँ और केवली भगवान द्वारा बताये गये वीतराग धर्म की शरण में जाता हूँ।
शरण सहारे को कहते हैं। पंचपरमेष्ठी द्वारा बताये हुए मार्ग पर चलकर अपनी आत्मा की शरण लेना ही पंचपरमेष्ठी की शरण है।
जो व्यक्ति पंचपरमेष्ठी की शरण लेता है उसका कल्याण होता है अर्थात् दु:ख (भव-भ्रमण) मिट जाता है।

प्रश्न -
१. मंगल, उत्तम और शरण शब्द का अर्थ समझाइये।
२. हमें किसकी शरण लेना चाहिए?
३. आत्मा का हित किस बात में है?
४. चत्तारि मंगलं आदि पाठ को शुद्ध बोलिए।
५. पंचपरमेष्ठी की शरण का क्या अर्थ है ?

Lesson 2: The Four Mangals

Chattari Manglam, Arahanta Manglam,
Siddha Manglam, Sahu Manglam,
Kevalipannatto Dhammo Manglam.
चत्तारि मंगलं, अरहंता मंगलं,
सिद्धा मंगलं, साहू मंगलं,
केवलिपण्णत्तो धम्मो मंगलं ।
Chattari Loguttama, Arahanta Loguttama,
Siddha Loguttama, Sahu Loguttama,
Kevalipannatto Dhammo Loguttamo.
चत्तारि लोगुत्तमा, अरहंता लोगुत्तमा,
सिद्धा लोगुत्तमा, साहू लोगुत्तमा,
केवलिपण्णत्तो धम्मो लोगुत्तमो ।
Chattari Sarnam Pavvajjami, Arahante Sarnam Pavvajjami,
Siddhe Sarnam Pavvajjami, Sahu Sarnam Pavvajjami,
Kevlipannattam Dhammam Sarnam Pavvajjami.
चत्तारि सरणं पव्वज्जामि, अरहंते सरणं पव्वज्जामि ,
सिद्धे सरणं पव्वज्जामि, साहू सरणं पव्वज्जामि ,
केवलिपण्णत्तं धम्मं सरणं पव्वज्जामि ।

There are four benefactors in the world: The Arahant is a benefactor, the Siddha is a benefactor, the Sadhu i.e. the Acharya, the Upadhyay and the Sadhu is à benefactor and the religion of non-attachment, preached by an omniscient being, is a benefactor.

A benefactor is that which removes sins (delusion, attachment and aversion) and brings real happiness. The five parmesties are themselves embodiment of benefaction and devotion to them brings supreme happiness.

There are four supreme entities in the world: The Arahanta is a supreme entity, the Siddha is a supreme entity, the Sadhu i.e. the Acharya, the Upadhyaya and the Sadhu, is a supreme entity and the religion of non- attachment preached by an omniscient being is a supreme
entity.

One who is the greatest in the world is called supreme. These four are the greatest in the world and so
they are supreme entities.

I go to all the four for my abode. I go to the Arahantasfor my abode, I go to the Siddhas for my abode, I go to the Sadhus i.e the Acharyas, the Upadhyayas and the Sadhus, for my abode and I go to the religion of non-attachment preached by an omniscient being for my abode.

Abode means shelter. Shelter in the Five Parmesties means following the path shown by them and taking refuge in one’s soul.

The person who takes refuge in the Five Parmesties obtains bliss and becomes free from all the miseries i.e. the cycle of births and deaths of the world.

Questions:-
1.Define Benefaction, Supreme and Shelter.
2. Whose shelter should we take?
3. Wherein lies the upliftment of our soul?
4. Recite correctly the Chattari Manglam verse.
5. What do you understand by taking shelter in the five Paramesties?

[Go to contents]

7 Likes