बालबोध पाठमाला भाग-१ | Balbodh Pathmala Part-1 [Hindi & English]

दिनचर्या

अध्यापक - बालको ! आज हम तुम्हारे नाखून और दाँत देखेंगे। अच्छा, बोलो रमेश ! तुम कितने दिनों से नहीं नहाये?
रमेश - जी, मैं तो रोज नहाता हूँ।
अध्यापक - प्रतिदिन नहाने वाले के हाथ-पैर इतने गंदे नहीं होते हैं। हो सकता है तुम रोज नहाते हो, पर दो लोटे पानी सिर पर डाल लेना ही नहाना नहीं है, हमें अच्छी तरह मल-मल कर नहाना चाहिए। इसीप्रकार हमें अपने दाँत साफ करने के लिए प्रतिदिन प्रात:काल मंजन भी करना चाहिए। जो बच्चे मंजन नहीं करते हैं उनके मुँह से बदबू आती रहती है, उनके दाँत कमजोर हो जाते हैं और गिर जाते हैं।
सुरेश - गुरुजी ! मैं तो शाम को नहाता हूँ।
अध्यापक - नहीं, हमें प्रत्येक काम समय पर करना चाहिए। तभी ठीक रहता है। हमें प्रतिदिन की दिनचर्या बना लेना चाहिए और फिर उसके अनुसार अपना दैनिक कार्य निबटाना चाहिए।
रमेश - गुरुजी ! हमारी दिनचर्या आप ही बना दें। हम आज से उसके अनुसार ही कार्य करेंगे।
अध्यापक - प्रत्येक बालक को चाहिए कि वह सूर्योदय होने के पूर्व बिस्तर छोड़ दे। सबसे पहले नौ बार णमोकार मंत्र का जाप करें, फिर थोड़ी देर आत्मा के स्वरूप का विचार कर मन को शुद्ध करें।
सुरेश - क्या मन भी अशुद्ध होता है ?
अध्यापक - हाँ भाई, जिस तरह बाह्य गंदगी हमारे शरीर को गंदा कर देती है, उसी प्रकार मोह-राग-द्वेष आदि विकारी भावों से हमारा मन (आत्मा) गंदा हो जाता है। जिस प्रकार स्नान, मंजन आदि द्वारा हमारी देह साफ हो जाती है, उसी प्रकार आत्मा और परमात्मा के चिंतन से हमारा मन (आत्मा ) पवित्र होता है। हमें अंतर और बाहर दोनों की पवित्रता पर ध्यान देना चाहिए।
रमेश - उसके बाद?
अध्यापक - उसके बाद शौच (टट्टी) आदि से निपट कर मंजन करके स्नान करे तथा शुद्ध साफ धुले हुए कपड़े पहन कर मंदिरजी में देवदर्शन करने जाना चाहिए। देवदर्शन की विधि तो तुम्हें उस दिन समझाई थी। उसके बाद ही अल्पाहार (दूध, नाश्ता) लेकर यदि स्कूल और पाठशाला का समय हो वहाँ चले जाना चाहिए, नहीं तो घर पर ही स्वयं अध्ययन करना चाहिए।
इसी प्रकार भोजन भी प्रतिदिन यथासमय १०-११ बजे शांतिपूर्वक करना चाहिए। शाम को दिन छिपने के पूर्व ही भोजन से निवृत्त हो जाना प्रत्येक बालक का कर्तव्य है। रात्रि को भोजन कभी नहीं करना चाहिए। इसी प्रकार रात्रि को भी जब तक तुम्हारा मन लगे ८-९ बजे तक अपना पाठ याद करना चाहिए। उसके बाद आत्मा और परमात्मा का स्मरण करते हुए स्वच्छ और साफ बिस्तर पर शांति से सो जाना चाहिए।
सब बालक - आज से हम आपकी बताई हुई दिनचर्या के अनुसार ही चलेंगे और शरीर की सफाई के साथ ही आत्मा की पवित्रता का भी ध्यान रखेंगे।

Lesson 6: The Daily Time-Table

Teacher: Boys, I shall examine your teeth and nails today. Ramesh, tell me for how many days you have not taken your bath?
Ramesh: Sir, I take my bath daily.

Teacher: Legs and hands of those who bathe daily are not so dirty. You just pour two or three mugs of water. That is not real bath. You should clean your body by rubbing it with a towel. Similarly one should clean one’s teeth every morning, otherwise they start giving foul smell. The teeth get weakened and fall off.

Suresh: Sir, I take my bath in the evening.
Teacher: We must do things at their proper time. Our daily activities must be based on a time-table and we should follow that always.

Ramesh: Sir, kindly prepare a time-table for us. We shall follow it from today.
Тeacher: Every boy should get up before sunrise. First of all, he should chant the Namokar Mantra nine times. Then he should think over the nature of the soul in order to purify his mind.

Student: Does the mind also become impure?
Teacher: Yes, as the body becomes unclean by the outside dirt etc., so our mind (soul) becomes impure by delusion, attachment and aversion. Just as our bodies become clean by bathing etc., so by virtue of understanding the nature of our soul and the perfect soul, our minds become purified. We should take care of the inner and outer purity.

Ramesh: What next?
Teacher: After ablution, one should clean one’s teeth and take a bath. One should then put on clean clothes and go to the temple for having Darshan. Points regarding Dev darshan were explained to you the other day. Then one should have one’s breakfast and go to school, or study at home.
One should take the morning meal peacefully between 10 A.M. to 11 A.M. Every boy should be free from his evening meal before sun-set. One should not take his meal during the night. One should study up to 8 P.M. or 9 P.M. so long as one can concentrate. Afterward one should remember one’s own soul and those of the liberated beings and go to bed quietly.

All Students:
From today, we shall follow this time- table and will maintain cleanliness both of the body and the soul.

Questions:-

1. What type of time-table should a good student follow ?
  2. What should we do first of all after getting up in the morning ?
  3. What do you understand by purity of the body and the soul ?
  4. What should one do for the cleanliness of the body ?
  5. What should one do for the purification of one’s soul ?

[Go to contents]

4 Likes